Salary Negotiation

Salary Negotiation basically happens based on your current salary.
Negotiation becomes more straight forward if you already hold an offer from some other company.
In that case, you can simply ask for more better package.

It is important to collect some knowledge about the company before coming for the interview, it adds an additional impression. There are websites like Glassdoor which may help you gathering information like ratings, reviews & average salary offered by the company.

If this is your first switch then below drafted-conversation may help you in meeting your expected or stealing a better package:
HR: Hi!
ME: Hi!
HR: Are you holding any offer?
ME: No!
HR: So, as you mentioned your current salary package is 4.7L/a, right?!
ME: Yes.
HR: So, what is your expectation?
ME: So, may I know what company offers at my level of experience as per the company standard?
HR: Okay. Let me check what package we can offer.
ME: Okay! (Waiting..)
HR: So, we can offer you 6.2L/a, which is near to 30% of hike based on your current package.
ME: Okay! But my expectation is 7.5L/a since I have heard that at my level of experience your company offers 7.5L/a.
HR: Let me tell you that your expectation is really very high, but let me check what best we can offer you.
ME: Okay! (Waiting..)
HR: So, finally what best we can offer you is 6.4L/a.
ME: (Smile.. This is the exact time to act smart by praising company brand, standards, platform etc. attaching with the your expectations) Okay! I want to say that- I genuinely want to work with your organisation since it is a brand-company and would provide a good platform to work and grow. Also, knowing of the fact that it is engaged in my technology(work area) since(year count) long, that would definitely add a plus to my work profile. But, I want to say that my expectation is still 7.5L/a. (Stay quite.. and wait for HR's final call)
HR: Okay! (Mean while HR will calculate some-more..)
ME: (Waiting..)
HR: Huh! So, what last we can offer you is 7.0L/a and that too I need approvals from higher management on this.
ME: Okay. (Now, it is all your call. But if you are still not okay with the offered package or you still need some more time on this then you can check with the HR there itself that if you could confirm on mail regarding accepting the offered package.)

Comments

Popular Posts